This is a reader-supported website. When you purchase products and services through links here, we may receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you.
Life can be all go-go-go; busy, overwhelming, full to the rafters of responsibilities. All of the doing and showing-up can leave us little time to tune-into ourselves; to reflect on who we are, what we truly want, and what mightn’t be working for us. Making space to get to know ourselves can be a powerful tool for self-care, fulfilment, growth and joy. Journalling is such a simple and effective way to explore and process our thoughts and emotions. Often acting as a recalibration.Getting to Know Yourself: Journal Prompts for Self-Reflection and Growth Click To Tweet
Here are some journal prompts to help you hone that self-awareness of yours and tune back into yourself:
- What makes me feel happy and fulfilled?
- What are some small moments in my day that bring me joy?
- What are some things I’m looking forward to in the future?
- What is something I did recently that made me feel proud of myself?
- What are some things I would do if I weren’t afraid of failure?
- What are some things I can do to take care of myself today?
- What are some memories that make me smile?
- What are some things I want to learn or explore in the near future?
- What are some things that make me feel calm and relaxed?
- What are some things I’m grateful for right now?
Create a setting where you feel relaxed, won’t be distracted, and have ample time to write your responses. As you write, try not to overthink your responses, let your intuition and thoughts flow. Honesty, self-compassion and openness are the vibes we’re after.
Journalling can be cathartic and insightful. Using journal prompts like these can help us identify patterns in our thoughts and behaviours, and allow us to see ourselves more clearly and kindly – when we can understand ourselves better, we can be more gentle and understanding with ourselves.
>> Sharing is caring: please share this post with anyone it might help.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: